Great Parents, Great Start!
The Menominee County ISD is pleased to provide the Great Parent, Great Start program to families with children birth to five living in Menominee County. Our home visiting program utilizes the Parents As Teachers curriculum, customized to each families needs. You as a caregiver are your child’s first and most important teacher. Through our home visits, the goal is to provide each family with the information, support, and encouragement needed to help your child develop to his/her full potential during the most crucial early years of life.
Playgroups (Great Parents, Great Start):
Free year-round playgroups open to the public!
- Playgroups are for children ages birth to five and their parents/care givers. Groups are held 2-3 times per month at Spies Public Library. During favorable weather, the group meets at Swings n’ Things Park across from the library. Join us on Mondays from 10:30am-noon to play, socialize and eat a healthy snack.
- See below for current play group schedule:
Fall Playgroup Schedule 2018– PDF Version
Home Visiting Program (Great Parents, Great Start):
- 10 weekly FREE home visits to families with children birth to five
- Topics for the home visits are based on the individual needs of the family with support from the Parents as Teachers curriculum
- Visits are scheduled around the family’s schedule
- Interested? Contact Mary Bauer at 863-5665 ext. 1018
Possible home visit topics include: discipline techniques, child development, fun activities to do with your child, health and safety, nutrition, literacy and community resources.
For more information about the Great Parents Great Start Program, please call the Menominee County ISD at 906-863-5665 ext. 1018